- All (39)
- AT&T (9)
- Sprint (4)
- T-mobile (3)
- U.S.Cellular (2)
- Verizon Wireless (9)
- More Carriers (0)
- Global (12)
- Wi-Fi (0)
- Product Category
- All (55)
- Smartphone (18)
- Note (12)
- Camera (2)
- Tablet (14)
- Feature Phone (1)
- Connected Home (4)
- Wearable (3)
- Features (1)
- All (33)
- Android (29)
- Bada (0)
- Windows (1)
- Tizen (3)
- All (55)
- 2014 (11)
- 2013 (44)
- 2012 (0)
- 2011 (0)
- 2010 (0)
- 2009 (0)
Newest addition to the Samsung family is the ideal living room companion to your Galaxy device
Dallas, TX - Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced today that Samsung HomeSync™, a household Android™ media center for storing, synchronizing and streaming content across multiple devices, will be available beginning October 6 for $299. With HomeSync you can share, view and control content from your Galaxy device directly on your TV while at home or on the go.
“HomeSync is a powerful platform that we envision to be the center of a household’s connected life,” said Nanda Ramachandran, vice president of emerging business at Samsung Mobile. “We saw an opportunity to create a companion device at home, that seamlessly syncs all of your mobile content wherever you are.”
HomeSync’s Android user interface is simililar to your Galaxy smartphone or tablet and is easy to use. It allows customers to use their Galaxy device as a remote control to browse through various entertainment choices on their TV. HomeSync also provides 1TB (terabyte) of secure storage for up to eight separate accounts and allows each user the option to sync, as well as upload and download mobile content. This means photos taken by one family member at an event or on the road can be seen by another family member either from their TV or another connected mobile device.
“HomeSync is the latest addition the the Galaxy family of products and builds on Samsung’s commitment to delivering innovative devices and advanced technologies to consumers,” said Travis Merrill, vice president of marketing at Samsung Electronics America.
Key features of Samsung HomeSync include:
- Perfect Companion for Your Galaxy Device: HomeSync is the ideal companion for the Galaxy S® 4 or Galaxy Note® 3. It is also compatible with other devices within the Samsung ecosystem, including the Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition, Galaxy Camera™, and other devices that use Samsung Link™.
- Storage Solution: HomeSync is a storage solution with an expansive 1TB drive that offers both shared and private storage options for an entire household’s core mobile content, such as photo albums, videos, and music libraries, in one secure location.
- Real-Time Sharing: Provides access for up to eight separate accounts and allows each user the option to quickly sync and share mobile content in real time, or select specific content to share. Register up to six devices per account so you can access your personal library no matter where you are, no matter what device you’re using.
- Access Anywhere: HomeSync provides secure access to your files, photos, music and home videos no matter where you are.
- Intuitive Control: Seamlessly control your content on TV with your mobile device – control what’s on screen using your Galaxy smartphone as a remote mouse and use your phone’s keyboard for easy searching, or mirror the HomeSync screen directly on your Galaxy device.
- Real Time Streaming: Stream content from a Galaxy device wirelessly to a TV – experience your created content, such as photos and videos, on the big screen then explore your favorite apps and play mobile games in a whole new way on your TV.
HomeSync connects to a TV with an HDMI connection, allowing any TV to be a smart TV. HomeSync features a powerful processor, support for wired or wireless mouse and keyboard, and access to Web browsing, YouTube, apps, games, social networking and more. As part of Galaxy Perks, you may register your Samsung HomeSync and get $50 to spend on movies and TV shows, through Samsung Media Hub. Visit www.samsung.com/us/galaxyperks/homesync
Samsung HomeSync will be available at Samsung Experience Shops™ located in Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile specialty stores, Newegg, Amazon.com and Samsung.com beginning October 6 for $299.
For Application Developers
Application developers can make their existing Android apps compatible with HomeSync in the Google Play Store with as little as one line of code. For more information, visit http://developer.samsung.com/homesync.
Application developers are also invited to attend the first annual Samsung Developers Conference where they’ll have the opportunity to connect with industry visionaries, Samsung executives and technical leaders, and fellow developers while getting an exclusive first look at the latest tools, SDKs, and emerging platforms for Samsung devices to create what’s next. HomeSync product management members will be on-hand to demonstrate HomeSync, discuss development possibilities, and answer questions. Attendees of the HomeSync breakout session will have a chance to win a HomeSync.
Samsung, Galaxy S, and Galaxy Note and are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, (Samsung Mobile) a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets, wireless infrastructure and other telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.